3 cloves garlic, finely grated
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
6 skinless chicken thigh fillets
3 cobs corn, husks removed
Extra 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
200 g red quinoa
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
Juice of ½ lemon
1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Spanish-style barbecue sauce plus extra to serve
1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves plus extra to serve
2 Tbsp finely sliced fresh green chillies (or chipotle) to serve
- Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill pan to a medium heat.
- Put garlic, cumin, paprika, oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add chicken and massage to coat. Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush corn with ½ of the extra oil and grill for 12 minutes or until charred and cooked. Slice corn kernels from the cobs and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook quinoa in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, then drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining oil. Season and set aside.
- Grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and cover with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise and barbecue sauce in a large bowl. Set aside. Put quinoa and corn salad in a large serving bowl.
- Toss chicken in mayonnaise mixture, then scatter coriander over each piece. Arrange on top of salad. Top with chilli and extra coriander, then drizzle with extra sauce to serve.