8 x 185 g large chicken drumsticks
½ cup plain flour
salt, to season
pepper, to season
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
½ cup finely grated Parmesan
olive oil cooking spray
ranch dressing, to serve
1 corn cob, husks removed
½ large iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 large avocado, chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
- Dust chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs in a shallow dish. Combine the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan in a separate, shallow dish.
- One at a time, dip chicken in eggs, then coat in breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spray with cooking oil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), turning every 20 minutes, for about 1 hour, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the avocado salad, cut the kernels from corn cob. Place in a large bowl with remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Serve chicken with salad drizzled with dressing.