1.5 cups black rice
3.5 cups cold water
½ tsp salt
1 cup goji berries
2 large chicken breasts trimmed (600g)
olive oil spray
½ cup natural almonds toasted and chopped
¼ cup fresh basil chopped
½ cup fresh mint chopped
2 green spring onions thinly sliced
¼ bunch fresh basil to garnish
2 tblsps extra virgin olive oil
2 tblsps apple cider vinegar
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 small clove garlic crushed
- Place black rice in a saucepan with water and salt. Cover. Bring to boil. Simmer for 35 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in goji berries. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray chicken breasts on both sides with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken breasts. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Cover lightly with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Cut into 2cm-thick slices.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add almonds, herbs, onions and dressing to rice. Toss to combine.
- Serve salad topped with chicken. Garnish with basil.