1 ½ sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1.2 kg chicken thigh fillet, trimmed, cut into 3 cm pieces
4 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsps olive oil
2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
200 g shortcut bacon, chopped
2 tbsps chopped fresh sage leaves
¾ cup white wine
1 ½ cups pure cream
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 ½ tbsps cornflour
- To make filling, toss chicken and garlic in a large bowl. Season. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in three batches. Cook, turning, until browned all over. Remove.
- Add leeks, bacon and sage. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until leeks are soft. Add wine. Reduce by half. Return chicken with cream and mustard. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Add corn our blended with 2 tbsps water. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until boiling and thickened. Divide among six ovenproof dishes (1 1⁄4-cup capacity). Place on an oven tray.
- Cut 1 1⁄2 pastry sheets into six squares. Place one square on top of each dish. Press edges to seal. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°c) for about 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Serve.