800 g sebago potatoes, peeled and chopped
300 ml carton pure cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
750 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into 3-4cm pieces
3 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, trimmed and chopped
150 g light chive and onion cream cheese
½ cup chicken stock
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Add ½ cup of the cream. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken in cornflour seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to same pan with leek. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add cheese, stock and remaining cream. Stir until smooth.
- Return chicken to pan. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Divide evenly among four ovenproof dishes (1¼-cup capacity). Top with potato. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 25 minutes, or until golden.