50 g butter chopped
3 leeks washed, cut into 6cm pieces
6 garlic cloves crushed
3 carrots peeled, cut into 6cm pieces
¼ cup plain flour (50 g)
salt & white pepper to taste
18 chicken lovely legs
1 tblsp olive oil
½ cup marsala (125 mls)
2 chicken stock cubes crumbled
6 small sweet potatoes
½ bunch fresh oregano to garnish
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add leeks and garlic. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a 5 to 6-litre slow cooker with carrots.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Coat chicken legs, one at a time, in flour mixture. Shake off excess. Reserve remaining flour.
- Heat oil in same pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Add to cooker with remaining flour.
- Add marsala to hot frying pan. Bring to boil. Pour over chicken with stock cubes. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours, or on high for about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, pierce skins of potatoes with a fork. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until soft.
- Garnish casserole with oregano. Serve with sweet potatoes.