500 g chicken stir-fry strips
¼ cup teriyaki sauce
2 tsp cornflour
¼ cup vegetable oil
3 tsp sambal oelek
2 cloves garlic, crushed
150 g oyster mushrooms, torn
200 g sliced Swiss brown mushrooms
1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed and chopped
1 tbsp sesame seeds
100 g snow-pea sprouts, chopped
Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Combine chicken with 1 tbsp of the sauce in a bowl. Blend remaining sauce with cornflour in a jug.
- Cook chicken in three batches. Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add one batch of chicken. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove. Repeat process.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok. Add sambal oelek, garlic and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to wok with sauce mixture, bok choy and seeds. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until bok choy is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sprouts.
- Serve stir-fry with steamed basmati rice.