2 chicken breast fillet
¼ cup plain flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 clove garlic crushed
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
1- 2 cups vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
½ 500 g fresh mozzarella bulb cut into 8 slices
1 packet mixed salad leaves to serve
¼ cup French dressing to serve
1 tbsp olive oil
7 drained anchovies
3 cloves garlic crushed
2 tbsp tomato paste
750 g vine ripened tomatoes chopped
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
1 cup fresh basil leaves torn
- To make sauce, combine oil, anchovies and garlic in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until anchovies have melted. Add paste. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until tomatoes are collapsing. Remove. Stir in chilli and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each chicken horizontally in half. Pound each half between two sheets of plastic wrap using the smooth side of a meat mallet or rolling pin, until 1cm in thickness. Dust in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Shake away excess. Dip in combined eggs and garlic. Toss in combined breadcrumbs and parmesan, pressing crumbs on lightly.
- Heat enough oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat to shallow-fry. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, on each side or until golden brown. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Arrange chicken in a large ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity). Spoon over sauce. Top with mozzarella.
- Cook, uncovered, in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve with mixed leaves and salad dressing.