100 g pancetta or bacon, chopped
1 splash olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 leek, thinly sliced in rounds
1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
Salt and pepper, to season
500 g cooked chicken breast (see tips, below), shredded
1 large splash chicken stock
1 splash cream
2 sheets puff pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Add pancetta and a splash of olive oil to a hot saucepan and cook, stirring until brown. Add in garlic, leek and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until leeks are softened. Stir in the chicken.
- Add 1 large splash of chicken stock to deglaze the pan (see notes, below), then add in 1 splash of cream.
- Take a sheet of puff pastry, and using a 1-cup ramekin as a guide, cut 4 circles from the pastry just large enough to cover the top of the ramekin.
- Divide chicken mixture among four 1-cup ramekins, then cover with the puff pastry circles without worrying too much about the edges. Fold pastry in and squish it around sides.
- Brush the tops of pies with beaten egg and place them onto a baking tray before placing them into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve up on a plate with some simple greens on the side. Top pies with rocket and baby spinach salad. Enjoy!