¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
650 g chicken thigh fillet chopped
1 large onion halved and sliced
3 garlic cloves crushed
2 tblsps finely grated ginger
350 g baby chat potatoes
2 tblsps curry powder
1 tsp cardamom seeds
10 curry leaves
4 tomatoes finely chopped
270 ml can coconut milk
½ cup chicken stock (125 ml)
250 g green beans trimmed
½ bunch fresh coriander leaves to garnish
1 ½ cups white basmati rice steamed to serve
- Heat 2 tblsps of oil in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium to high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken in three batches. Cook, stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add onion, garlic, ginger and potatoes. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry powder, cardamom seeds and curry leaves. Stir for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk and stock. Return chicken to pan. Bring to boil. Cover.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes. Add beans. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Garnish curry with coriander leaves. Serve with steamed rice.