100 g snow peas, trimmed
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
1 barbecue chicken
1 tsp taco seasoning
1 cup coriander leaves
1 cup mint leaves
3 Qukes (baby Lebanese cucumbers), sliced lengthways into ribbons
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 avocado, halved, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
⅓ cup sour cream
2 tbsp finely chopped chives
1 punnet micro herbs to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Put snow peas in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes, then drain and transfer peas to a large bowl of iced water. Once cold, drain well and slice in half on the diagonal. Set aside.
- To make tortilla crisps, cut tortillas into 1cm-thick strips and transfer to a large bowl. Add ½ of the oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange on prepared tray in a loose mound so crisps cook with shape rather than as flat pieces. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool. Strips will crisp up while standing.
- Remove chicken meat from carcass. Discard carcass and skin. Shred meat in bite-size pieces and put in a large bowl. Add taco seasoning and remaining oil.
- Add coriander, mint, cucumber, onion and avocado, then gently toss to combine.
- To make dressing, put lemon juice, sour cream and chives in a small bowl and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad among serving bowls and top each with a few tortilla crisps and micro herbs. Drizzle over dressing and serve with remaining crisps on the side.