4 chicken breast fillets
8 slices shaved ham
⅓ cup pizza cheese (60 g)
50 g butter at room temperature
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
2 cups panko breadcrumbs (120 g)
½ cup finely grated parmesan (50 g)
½ cup vegetable oil (125 ml)
400 g green beans steamed to serve
- Cut a deep, long pocket through the side of each fillet. Place 2 slices ham and 1 tablespoon cheese in each one.
- Combine butter, garlic and rind in a bowl. Mix well. Divide among pockets.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl. Lightly beat with a fork. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in eggs then coat in crumb mixture, pressing crumbs on firmly.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove and transfer to a roasting pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with steamed beans.