4 cups chicken consomme (1 litre)
1 cup water (250 ml)
2 large chicken breast fillets
1 tblsp light soy sauce
2 tsps finely grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves crushed
420 g can creamed corn
310 g canned corn kernels drained
1 egg lightly beaten
5 green spring onions finely sliced plus extra to serve
1 fresh red chilli sliced to garnish
- Place consomme, water and chicken in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Simmer for about 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken. Strain cooking liquid into a large bowl. Return to same pan. Set aside.
- Cool chicken slightly before finely shredding.
- Add soy, ginger and garlic to reserved chicken liquid in pan. Bring to boil. Stir in creamed corn, kernels and shredded chicken. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return soup to boil. Stir in egg and spring onions. Season.
- Serve soup garnished with extra spring onions and chilli.