125 g canned creamed corn
1 green spring onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp finely chopped curly parsley
⅔ cup finely chopped, shredded cooked chicken breast
1 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
2 x 90 g packets mini vol au vent pastry cases (24 total)
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
parsley sprigs, to garnish
sweet smoked paprika, to garnish
25 g butter, chopped
1 tbsp plain flour
1 cup milk
⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to boil, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide sauce between two bowls. Add creamed corn, onions and parsley to one bowl. Mix well. Add chicken and tarragon to remaining bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange pastry cases on a large oven tray. Spoon 2 heaped tsp corn filling into one half of the cases. Sprinkle with parmesan. Spoon 2 heaped tsp chicken filling into remaining cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until filling is hot.
- To serve, carefully transfer pastry cases to a serving platter. Garnish corn vol au vents with parsley and chicken vol au vents with paprika.