2 cups sushi rice
¼ cup sushi seasoning
3 cups shredded barbecued chicken
⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
1 Lebanese cucumber
1 small avocado, halved
6 nori sheets
Light soy sauce, to serve
2½ cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage (160 g)
4 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
2 sticks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
100 g packet crisp fried noodles
⅓ cup Thai Style Dressing
- Rinse rice well under cold water. Drain. Add rice to a large saucepan with 3 ½ cups of water. Bring to boil. Simmer covered, for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in seasoning. Spread over a tray lined with plastic wrap. Cover. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until cold.
- Combine chicken and teriyaki in a medium bowl. Cut cucumber in half lengthways. Remove and discard seeds. Cut lengthways into 12 strips. Peel avocado and remove seed. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place one nori sheet, rough-side up, on a sushi mat. Using wet fingers, press 1 cup of the rice firmly over nori sheet, leaving a 4cm strip at the end furthest from you.
- Place ½ cup of the chicken mixture on rice at the end closest to you. Top with 2 pieces cucumber and 2 pieces avocado. Starting at the end closest to you, use the bamboo mat to tightly roll up sushi into a log. Remove mat. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Using a sharp, wet knife, trim ends of sushi rolls. Cut each roll into six even pieces.
- To make crunchy noodle salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve sushi with soy sauce and crunchy noodle salad.