2 tbsps olive oil
4 x 200 g chicken breast fillets
steamed baby potatoes and broccoli to serve
Creamy tomato pesto sauce
300 g sliced button mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp cornflour
1 cup chicken stock
⅓ cup sundried tomato pesto
½ cup sour cream
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tblsp of the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- To make sauce, heat remaining oil in same pan. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Blend corn our with 2 tbsps of the stock in a jug. Add to pan with remaining stock, pesto and cream. Stir until combined. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Return chicken to pan. Turn to coat in sauce. Gently boil, covered, for 4 minutes. Uncover. Gently boil for a further 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken and sauce with potatoes and broccolini.