200 g thin egg noodles
200 g shitake mushrooms stems trimmed, finely sliced
1 bunch choy sum chopped
2 cups bean sprouts
3 green spring onions sliced
1 cup coriander leaves
3 tbsp soy sauce to serve
3 tbsp hot chilli sauce to serve
1.75 kg whole chicken cut in to 8 pieces
3.5 litres cold water
100 g piece ginger thinly sliced
1 bulb garlic sliced in half
- To make stock, place chicken, water, ginger, garlic, spring onions and wine in a stockpot over a high heat. Bring to boil. Simmer over a low heat for 1 hour, skimming occasionally to remove any fat.
- Remove chicken from liquid. Strain stock through a fine sieve into a large, clean saucepan. Discard any remaining solids.
- Shred chicken meat, discarding skin, bones and fat. Set chicken meat aside.
- Heat stock in saucepan over a medium heat. Add noodles and mushrooms. Simmer for 2 minutes. Return chicken with choy sum and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Top soup with sprouts, onions and coriander. Serve with sauces