1 bunch fresh coriander washed trimmed
2 Tbsp olive oil
8 chicken thigh fillets (1.5 kg) trimmed halved crossways
2 onions thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 x 410 g canned crushed tomatoes
400 g canned kidney beans drained rinsed
330 g canned roasted red pepper in brine drained chopped
2 Tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
salt and pepper to taste
sour cream to serve
avocado sliced to serve
easy-cook white long grain rice to serve
- Finely chop coriander stems. You will need ¼ cup. Set aside some leaves to garnish.
- Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole dish (16-cup) over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions, garlic and coriander stems to dish. Cook, stirring occasionally until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, beans, peppers and chipotle sauce. Return chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover with lid.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C) for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and steamed rice. Garnish with coriander leaves.