100 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup milk
⅓ cup light olive oil
1 ½ cups plain flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
12 pieces caramel milk chocolate snack bar
1 bag ready-popped salted caramel popcorn
200 g block dark cooking chocolate, chopped
½ cup thickened cream
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in cooled chocolate until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add milk, oil and combined sifted flour, cocoa and soda, in two batches, whisking until smooth.
- Place about 1/3 cup of batter into each paper case. Insert a piece of chocolate bar into the centre of each one.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- To make ganache, stir chocolate and cream in a large heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Spread evenly over cakes. Decorate with popcorn.