2 x 300 g packets chocolate chip cookie mix
600 ml thickened cream
395 g sweetened condensed milk
½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Prepare one packet of cookie mix according to packet directions. Roll heaped tbsp of mixture into balls (you will need 12 balls). Place about 3cm apart on oven trays lined with baking paper. Flatten slightly.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining cookie mix.
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and long sides with baking paper, extending 5cm above pan edges.
- Set aside 20 of the cookies. Chop remaining cookies into pieces. Beat cream and condensed milk in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir in chopped cookies and milk chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan. Cover. Freeze until firm.
- Lift out ice-cream onto a chopping board. Cut out a 7cm round. Sandwich between two cookies. Place on a tray. Repeat with remaining ice-cream and cookies to make 10. Freeze until ready to serve.