1 cup plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
125 g unsalted butter, melted
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tbsp instant coffee granules
2 tbsp warm water
395 g can sweetened condensed milk
400 g dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup chopped macadamias
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Sift combined flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Add butter and sugar. Stir to combine. Press over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 15 minutes, or until slightly firm to touch. Cool completely.
- Dissolve coffee in water in a small jug. Place condensed milk into a medium bowl. Stir in coffee mixture. Top base with combined chocolate and nuts. Pour over coffee mixture.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and centre is firm to touch. Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into squares to serve.