2 litre tub vanilla ice-cream
1 cup Maltesers chocolate
3 x 52 g Cherry Ripe chocolate bars
¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
100 g white chocoalte melts
Fresh cherries, to decorate
- Place ice-cream in a large bowl. Stand at room temperature to soften slightly.
- Grease and line a metal pudding steamer (8-cup capacity) with two layers of plastic wrap, allowing wrap to hang over edge by 12cm.
- Place Maltesers in a medium snap-lock bag. Seal. Using a rolling pin, gently pound until coarsely crushed.
- Beat softened ice-cream with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in chocolate bars, almonds and Maltesers. Spoon into steamer. Smooth over top. Cover ice-cream with over-hanging plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Just before serving, melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove bowl. Stand for 10 minutes, or until warm.
- Invert ice-cream onto a serving plate. Remove plastic wrap. Pour warm chocolate into a small snap-lock bag. Squeeze into one corner. Twist bag and snip tip. Drizzle chocolate over ice-cream. Decorate with cherries.