⅓ cup (50g) plain flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
¼ cup (60ml) skim milk
2 tsp Marsala
½ tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
pinch of chilli flakes
1 scoop vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cocoa powder in a 1-cup capacity mug.
- Add vegetable oil, milk, egg, Marsala and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate and chilli flakes until combined.
- Cook on high (70%) in microwave for 2 mins – it will rise over the rim as it cooks.
- Carefully remove mug from microwave – it will be hot to touch, so ensure you use oven mitts or a tea towel.
- Enjoy warm with some spoonfuls of vanilla ice-cream.