250 g packet chocolate biscuits
75 g unsalted butter, melted
75 g dark chocolate block, chopped
¼ cup pure cream
500 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
⅔ cup caster sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
2 free-range eggs, room temperature
125 g dark chocolate block, melted, cooled
250 g tub sour cream
3 tsp powdered gelatine
½ cup water
¾ cup caster sugar
⅓ cup raspberry jam
- Invert the base of a 22cm round springform pan. Grease and line base and side with baking paper. Place on oven tray.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until combined. Press evenly over the base and three-quarters of way up the side of pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, process cheese, sugar and cocoa in same, clean food processor until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, processing until combined. Add chocolate and sour cream. Process until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and smooth over the top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for 50 minutes, or until just set. Turn off oven. Cool in oven with door ajar for 1 hour. Remove. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To make topping, sprinkle gelatine over half the water in a heatproof jug. Sit jug in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove from pan.
- Place sugar and remaining water in large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high for 4 minutes. With motor operating, gradually add gelatine mixture in a thin, steady stream. Beat for a further 6 minutes, or until thick and fluffy.
- Stir jam until smooth. Fold through topping. Immediately spoon over cheesecake.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove.
- Drizzle some of the melted chocolate over the cheesecake. Serve with remaining.