200 g block dark chocolate, chopped
100 g unsalted butter, chopped
¾ cup pure cream
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
½ cup almond meal
½ cup plain flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
⅓ cup (40 g) crushed amaretti biscuits
2 tsp instant coffee granules
1 tbsp boiling water
1 cup icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Place chocolate, butter and cream in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, almond meal and combined sifted flour, cocoa and baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add eggs and chocolate mixture. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Sprinkle with biscuits.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool completely in pan. from pan onto a chopping board.
- To make coffee icing, dissolve coffee in water in a medium bowl. Stir in sugar until smooth. Spoon into a medium snap-lock bag. Squeeze into one corner. Twist bag. Snip tip.
- Drizzle icing over cooled slice. Stand at room temperature until set. Cut into squares.