2 cups plain flour
¾ cup premium Dutch cocoa powder
1 teaspoon bicarb
250 g butter, at room temperature
2¼ cups caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
50 g premium milk chocolate, chopped
Milk Chocolate Ganache
¾ cup thickened cream
1 cup boiling water
350 g premium milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Sift flour, cocoa and bicarb together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using electric beaters, cream the butter and 2 cups of the caster sugar in a large bowl until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between additions. Add vanilla. Gradually add flour, mix until a soft dough forms. Fold through the chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hr.
- Roll 1-tablespoon portions of the dough into balls then roll in the remaining caster sugar. Place onto the baking trays, 4cm apart. Bake for 12-15 min. Keep remaining mixture chilled while baking. Allow cookies to cool and firm on the trays before moving to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 48 cookies.
- Place half the cookies onto a flat surface and divide the Milk Chocolate Ganache between them. Top with the remaining cookies, pressing together lightly. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Pour ¾ cup thickened cream into a glass bowl and place over simmering water. Allow to heat. Break 350g premium milk chocolate into pieces and then add to the heated cream. Stir until smooth and well combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool.