150 g unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
1 ¾ cups plain flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
10 white marshmallows
¼ cup hundreds and thousands
2 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
2- 3 tbsp milk
pink food colouring
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in combined sifted flour, cocoa and soda. Transfer to a lightly floured bench. Knead until smooth. Divide dough in half. Refrigerate, covered, until firm.
- Roll out one portion of dough at a time, between two sheets of baking paper, until 1/2 cm thick. Using a 9cm bunny-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 20 shapes, re-rolling dough as necessary. Arrange, 2cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Cook both trays in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through, or until firm to touch. Cool biscuits on trays.
- To make icing, place sugar in a bowl. Stir in just enough milk until a spreadable consistency. Tint pink with food colouring.
- Spread icing evenly over biscuits. Cut marshmallows in half. Dip cut-side into sprinkles. Arrange marshmallow on bunnies.