Lauren from Create Bake Make shares her easy Cherry Ripe chocolate cookie recipe. The best bit about this recipe? You can put in any chocolate bar you like!
110 g butter, softened
⅔ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125 g milk chocolate
4 x 52 g Cherry Ripe bars or dark chocolate-coated cherry and coconut bars, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 160℃ and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes on a high speed until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat for a further 3 minutes to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and sift in the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda.
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 45 seconds on medium heat, then stir until melted and smooth. Add the melted chocolate and Cherry Ripe pieces to the bowl with the flour mixture and stir through.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up walnut-size balls of the mixture and place onto the prepared baking trays (don’t worry the mixture will be soft!), leaving a 4cm gap between each chocolate Cherry Ripe cookie, as they will spread. Repeat until all of your mixture has been used.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until cracks begin to form on the top of your cookies
- Remove the baking trays from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.