225 g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cups plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
250 g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 170C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter, brown sugar and caster sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on a high speed for 5-6 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, then beat for another 3 minutes on high speed or until well combined.
- Add the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and milk chocolate chips and mix on a low speed for 1 minute or until just combined.
- Roll into walnut-size balls and place onto the prepared baking trays and flatten slightly. Make sure to leave a 3cm gap between each chocolate chip cookie as they will spread a little. Repeat until you have used all of the mixture.
- Place your chocolate chip cookies into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops begin to turn golden brown. Carefully remove the chocolate chip cookies from the oven and after 5 minutes transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.