1 cup caster sugar (220 g)
150 g unsalted butter melted, cooled
1 cup milk (250 ml)
⅓ cup cocoa powder sifted (40 g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups self-raising flour (240 g)
½ cup desiccated coconut (45 g) plus extra to serve
1 cup icing sugar mixture (160 g)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp soft unsalted butter
1 tbsp milk
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending 3cm above pan edges.
- Place sugar, butter, milk, eggs, cocoa and vanilla in a food processor. Process until just combined. Add flour and coconut. Process until combined, then pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make icing, sift icing sugar mixture and cocoa into a bowl. Stir in butter and milk until smooth. Spread icing over top of cake. Decorate with extra coconut and set aside to set.
- Cut cake into squares to serve.