2 cups white marshmallows
⅓ cup dark chocolate melts
2 cups Coco Pops
extra ½ cup dark chocolate melts, melted
½ cup pretzels, broken into small straight pieces
9 red candy-coated chocolate buttons
50 g ready-to-roll white icing
50 g ready-to-roll black icing
- Put marshmallows and chocolate melts into a large bowl.
Microwave on high 100% for 45 seconds or until marshmallows melt and expand. Remove from microwave and stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in coco pops until well combined.
- Dampen hands in cold water.
- Roll about 2 Tbsp of mixture into a log shape and set aside on a sheet of baking paper. Repeat to make 9 in total.
- Again, using damp hands, roll about 1 Tbsp of mixture into a ball and set aside on baking paper for 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Put extra melted chocolate melts into a piping bag and snip tip. Pipe a small amount of chocolate onto one end of a log and set a ball ontop to create a body and a head. Repeat with remaining bodies and heads. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Meanwhile, using the extra melted chocolate, pipe 9 sets of antlers onto prepared tray and set aside for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Pipe two small dots of the extra chocolate onto the underside of the body, on the head end. Adhere a piece of pretzel into each dot of chocolate. Repeat with remaining bodies and pretzels. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Pipe a small dot of the extra chocolate into the centre of the face and adhere a chocolate button. Repeat with remaining bodies and chocolate buttons. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Meanwhile, roll 18 tiny pieces of white icing into balls and flatten each with fingertips to create very small discs. Then roll 18 even smaller pieces of black icing into balls and gently push onto white discs to look like eyes. Pipe two small dots of extra melted chocolate just above the red nose. Adhere eyes. Repeat with remaining bodies and eyes.
- Pipe two small dots of the extra chocolate on the top of the reindeer head and adhere antlers. Hold the antler in place for about 30 seconds or until the chocolate has set firm enough to hold the antler in place.