2 x 340 g packets moist chocolate cake mix
120 g soft butter or margarine
1½ cups milk
2 x 144 g packets chocolate fingers
280 g packet milk chocolate covered malt balls Maltesers
250 g packet chocolate orange lollies Jaffa
2 ½ cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
250 g butter softened
2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line the base and sides of a 24cm round deep cake pan with baking paper. Place packet cakes into a bowl and add the butter, milk and eggs.
- Beat on low speed for 30 sec, then increase speed to high and beat for 2 min. Pour mixture into cake pan and bake for 50-55 min or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 min before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make Chocolate Buttercream beat softened butter with electric beaters for 6-8 mins or until pale and creamy. Gradually add combined icing sugar and cocoa and milk. Beat for a further 6 mins or until creamy. Add more milk if required, for a spreadable consistency.
- To serve, place cake onto a serving plate or cake stand. Spread the Chocolate Buttercream over the top and sides of cake to cover, smoothing the surface.
- Arrange fingers around the outside of the cake and then top with and Jaffas, alternating each to make a spiral pattern to cover the surface. Tie a matching coloured ribbon around the cake. Cut into slices to serve.