You'll be raisin' your hands in celebration when you try these incredible little cookies. You'll wonder why you hadn't thought of the combination sooner!
225 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
1 ⅓ cups icing sugar mixture
2 tsp rum
2 ¼ cups plain flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup raisins, finely chopped
½ cup dark chocolate melts
- Beat butter, sugar and essence in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Transfer to a large bowl of an electric mixer. Add combined sifted flour and cocoa, Choc Bits and raisins. Beat on low speed until just combined.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured bench. Knead lightly until smooth. Divide in half. Shape portions into 6cm x 20cm long rectangular logs (3.5cm thick). Wrap separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Trim ends of each log. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Arrange about 3cm apart on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C), swapping trays halfway through, for 18 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Place Dark Choc Melts in a medium, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Transfer chocolate to a medium snap-lock bag. Squeeze into one corner. Twist bag and snip tip of corner. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Stand at room temperature to set.