150 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
⅓ cup pure icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1¼ cups gluten-free plain flour
¼ cup rice flour
2 tbsp gluten-free cocoa powder
50 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
½ cup pure icing sugar
1 tbsp gluten-free cocoa powder
1 tsp milk
- Beat butter, sugar and extract in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in combined sifted flours and powder in two batches.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place 5cm apart on three large oven trays lined with baking paper. Flatten slightly.
- Cook, one tray at a time, in moderately slow oven (160C) for about 12 minutes, or until firm to touch. Remove. Cool on trays.
- To make chocolate filling, beat butter, combined sifted sugar and powder with milk in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Sandwich biscuits together with chocolate filling (about 1 tsp in each).