4 slices brioche loaf
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
⅓ cup pure cream
2 Tbsp caster sugar
2 Tbsp jarred fruit mince
double cream, to serve
Brandy apricot sauce
½ cup apricot jam
½ cup orange juice
1 Tbsp brandy
- Grease a 6-hole silicone muffin pan (½-cup capacity).
- Remove crusts from bread. Cut each slice into square quarters.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar and fruit mince in a large bowl until combined. Add bread. Mix well. Stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir bread mixture. Cover. Stand for a further 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place muffin pan in a large roasting pan. Divide mixture evenly among holes. Add enough boiling water to roasting pan to come half way up sides of pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 35 minutes, or until puddings are just set. Remove from oven. Carefully transfer muffin pan to a wire rack. Stand for 10 minutes before removing puddings.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Combine jam, juice and brandy in a small saucepan. Whisk over a medium heat until combined. Bring to boil. Gently boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a jug. Cool sauce until warm.
- Serve warm puddings with sauce and cream