If you like your cheese and crackers, look no further. With toasted pecans, vintage tasty cheese, chives and capsicum, this cheese ball makes a fabulous cocktail party dipper.
½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
250 g Ritz crackers, or other salted crackers
250 g block cream cheese, chopped
1 cup grated vintage tasty cheese
1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
Sprinkle pecans over an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove and cool.
- Process half the crackers in a food processor to form coarse crumbs.
- Beat cheeses in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in crumbs, capsicum and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using damp hands, roll and shape cheese mixture into a ball.
- Combine pecans and parsley on a plate. Roll cheese ball in mixture, pressing on to coat.
- Serve with remaining crackers.