125 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¼ cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup self-raising flour
½ cup plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ cup buttermilk
½ cup walnuts
⅓ cup caster sugar
100 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tsp ground cinnamon
300 ml tub thickened cream
2 tbsp coffee liqueur
- Invert base of a 20cm round springform pan. Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- To make streusel, place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to form coarse crumbs.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add combined sifted flours and cinnamon and buttermilk in two batches. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon half the mixture into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle over half the streusel. Using a flat-bladed knife, lightly swirl streusel through mixture. Repeat with remaining cake mixture and streusel.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°c) for about 1 hour, or until cooked when tested. Remove. Stand in pan for 15 minutes. Remove side of pan. Transfer to a wire cake rack to cool.
- To make coffee cream, beat cream and liqueur in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Serve cake with coffee