6 cinnamon doughnuts
3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup milk
1 Tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
50 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Cut doughnuts in half horizontally.
- Place eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a large jug. Whisk until combined. Pour into a large shallow dish.
- Place half the doughnuts into egg mixture. Stand for 30 seconds. Turn over and repeat until soaked. Drain off excess. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and doughnuts.
- Melt half the butter and oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until butter starts to foam. Add half the doughnuts. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn over. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove.
- Wipe pan clean with absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat cooking with remaining butter, oil and doughnuts.
- Serve warm French toast with maple syrup and peaches