250 g punnet fresh strawberries, sliced
125 g punnet blueberries
125 g punnet raspberries
125 g punnet blackberries
2 tbsp caster sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
80 ml (⅓ cup) water
8 slices (120g) low-GI white bread, crusts removed
250 g mixed berries, to serve
- Line 4 x 160ml (2⁄3-cup capacity) ramekins or moulds with plastic wrap, allowing plastic to overhang sides.
- Put strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sugar, cinnamon and water in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and berries start releasing their juices. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside for 1 hour to cool. Strain mixture through a fine sieve, reserving 60ml (¼-cup) of juice.
- Put bread slices on a clean surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out each slice until very thin. Brush bread slices with a little of the reserved juice. Using 2 slices per mould, trim bread lining to fit moulds, leaving enough to cover tops.
- Divide berry mixture and a few tbsp of juice between the prepared moulds. Cover tops with bread, pushing down firmly to enclose. Cover each mould with overhanging plastic wrap. Put on a tray and refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap plastic lining and use to lift puddings out of moulds. Turn each pudding out onto individual serving plates. Carefully remove plastic lining. Serve drizzled with reserved berry juice and top with mixed berries.