130 g butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup caster sugar
3 cups self-raising flour
1 ½ cups milk
¼ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
60 g salted butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 24cm cake tin with baking paper. Add butter, vanilla and sugar to a bowl, and beat with electric beaters until pale and creamy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Sift flour and add it to bowl with milk, folding and whipping by hand until you have a lovely smooth batter.
- Pour mixture into the lined cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through (a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clean).
- When the cake is almost cooked, start preparing the topping. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and melt the butter.
- Remove cake from oven and turn it out while warm. Immediately pour over melted butter, followed by the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Serve immediately.