1 cup plain flour
2 cups rolled oats
¾ cup white sugar
125 g butter, chopped
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp hot water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line 4 oven trays with baking paper.
- Put flour in a large bowl and stir in oats and sugar.
- Put butter, syrup and hot water in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir occasionally until butter has melted.
- Stir bicarbonate of soda into syrup mixture and remove from heat.
- Add warm syrup mixture to oat mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Shape tablespoons of the mixture into 28 balls.
- Arrange balls on prepared trays about 8cm apart. Press each ball lightly with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake, in batches, for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on trays. Serve.