4 shortcut bacon rashers
250 g cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, separated
1 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
split toasted English muffins to serve
fresh baby spinach leaves to serve
- Trace two 8cm circles onto a sheet of baking paper. Place on a large, greased oven tray, trace-side down.
- Cook bacon in a lightly oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat, for about 2 minutes each side, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on an oven tray. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 8 minutes, or until blistered.
- Beat whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in chives. Season.
- Divide mixture between circles. Gently spread to edge. Using the back of a spoon, make a small indent in the centre of each one.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven. Working quickly but carefully, slide a yolk into centre of each cloud. Return to oven. Cook for 3 minutes, or until yolks are just set.
- Immediately lift clouds onto muffins. Serve with tomatoes, spinach and bacon.