If you love your chicken sandwiches, then this recipe is for you! With bacon, cheese, tomatoes and chicken with mayo, this is a sandwich with the lot!
350 g middle bacon rashers, rind removed
½ cup mayonnaise
12 slices white bread, toasted
75 g mixed salad leaves
8 slices Tasty cheese
200 g shredded roast chicken
2 tomatoes, sliced
- Cook bacon in a heated, lightly oiled, large frying pan over a high heat for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- To assemble, spread mayonnaise over one side of each slice of toast.
- Arrange half the salad leaves and half the cheese over four slices. Divide chicken over the cheese. Place another slice of toast, mayonnaise-side up, on top.
- Divide remaining salad leaves and cheese over toast, then top with tomatoes and bacon. Place remaining toast slices, mayonnaise-side down, over bacon.
- Using a serrated knife, cut sandwiches diagonally in half. Secure with toothpicks.