cooking oil spray, to grease
80 g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
⅓ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
¾ cup self-raising flour
¼ cup desiccated coconut
60 ml milk
Edible flower petals or edible rose petals, to decorate
Lemon drizzle icing
½ cup icing sugar mixture
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a 6-hole ¼-cup capacity doughnut tin with cooking oil.
- Put butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest in a large bowl and beat, using an electric hand mixer on high, for 4 minutes or until light and creamy. Add egg, beating to combine. Sift in flour, then add coconut, milk and lemon juice, stirring with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spoon ½ of the mixture into a ziplock bag or piping bag and snip a 2cm wide tip. Pipe mixture into tin holes and bake for 10 minutes. Cool in tin for 2 minutes, then turn out by giving tin a quick tap on kitchen bench.
- Quickly wash and dry tin, re‑grease holes, then repeat Step 3 with remaining mixture in same piping bag to make second batch.
- To make lemon icing, combine both ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture into a zip-lock bag or piping bag, snip a 1cm-wide tip, then drizzle over cakes. Serve garnished with edible petals.