2 cups plain flour
½ cup icing sugar mixture
150 g cold unsalted butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
1- 1½ tbsp cold water
1 cup raspberry jam
Icing sugar mixture, to decorate
50 g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cups desiccated coconut
- Grease two 12-hole round-based patty pans (1-tbsp capacity).
- Place flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. With motor operating, add egg yolk and enough cold water until mixture starts to come together. Transfer to a lightly floured bench. Knead gently into a ball. Flatten into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Roll out pastry between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a 6.5cm round cutter, cut out 24 rounds of pastry, re-rolling pastry as necessary.
- Line prepared pan holes with pastry rounds. Spoon 2 tsp jam into each case.
- To make coconut topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon 1 tblsp of topping evenly over each tart.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until cooked. Stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold. Dust with sifted icing sugar.