395 g can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup desiccated coconut
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup natural coloured glace cherries coarsely chopped
1 cup plain flour
½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
100 g unsalted butter melted
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter in a bowl. Stir until combined. Press over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven. Cool slightly
- To make topping, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Spoon over base. Spread to edges. Don’t smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Remove. Cool completely in pan.
- Remove from pan. Cut into squares