1½ cups shredded coconut
1 cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup caster sugar
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries, coarsley chopped
¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Gluten-free icing sugar mixture, to decorate
- Lightly grease and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place both coconuts, sugar, cranberries, almonds, egg whites and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir until combined.
- Using clean, wet hands, mould 2 tblsps of the mixture into a 5cm tree-shape, about 5cm in height. Place on prepared tray, then press to flatten base slightly. Using fingers, pinch top to form a peak.
- Cook in a slow oven (150C) for about 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool on tray.
- Just before serving, dust with sifted icing sugar.