2 cups rolled oats
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
¼ cup pepitas
100 ml strong freshly brewed black coffee
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
80 ml maple syrup
Greek-style natural yoghurt, to serve
blueberries, to garnish
cacao nibs, to garnish
milk, to serve
8 Medjool dates, halved, pitted
½ cup maple syrup
1 vanilla bean, split
- Preheat oven to 120°C fan-forced (140°C conventional). Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- To make granola, put oats, almonds, macadamias and pepitas in a large bowl. Pour over hot coffee and stir. Set aside for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Combine oil and maple syrup in a small bowl. Pour over soaked oat mixture and stir well to coat. Spread oat mix on tray in an even layer. Bake, stirring mixture every 15 minutes, for 45 minutes or until dry to touch.
- Meanwhile, to make vanilla dates, put all ingredients in a small saucepan with 80ml water. Bring to a simmer, then immediately remove from heat. Set aside. (You can serve this mixture warm or cold.)
- Put a little granola in serving bowls. Top with yoghurt, blueberries, cacao nibs and vanilla dates. Serve with milk on the side.