250 g orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
60 ml (¼ cup) water
½ red onion, cut into thin wedges
75 g (½ cup) corn kernels
2 x 50 g eggs
80 ml skim milk
Freshly ground black pepper, to season
20 g goat's cheese
25 g (1 cup) mixed salad leaves to serve
1 bottle balsamic glaze to serve
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Put sweet potato and water in a small microwave bowl. Cover and cook on high/100% for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small non-stick ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Put eggs and milk in a small bowl. Season with pepper and whisk to combine.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Add sweet potato to pan and toss to coat with oil. Arrange vegetables on base of pan. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and crumble over cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 7 minutes or until egg begins to set around edges.
- Put pan under grill and cook for 5 minutes or until egg is set and light golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Slide frittata onto a serving plate. Serve with salad leaves drizzled with balsamic glaze.