'We've also seen increased demand for necessary products that customers need to maintain their homes and we are focused on making sure we can make these items available.
'We've got over 43,000 team members across Australia and our focus is on keeping them employed, while also putting measures in place to keep our team and customers safe.'
Bunnings new coronavirus changes
1. Customers encouraged to use tap and go.
2. Cafes closed.
3. Water fountains and trade coffee stations closed
4. Customers will be limited in busier aisles.
5. Customers will also be limited during busy times.
6. Shoppers are encouraged to use Tap and Pay at checkouts where possible.
7. Increased cleaning in all stores, especially with counters, trolleys and hand baskets.
8. Hand sanitiser to be provided for all team members.
9. Floors will be taped at 1.5 metre intervals to encourage social distancing, trestle tables will also be placed in front of service areas to create more distance and stock moved.
10. Stores open before 9am to tradespeople and healthcare workers only.
11. Suspension of all sausage sizzles, family and in-store events.